iOS 6.x Jailbroken
A few weeks ago very bright team of iOS hackers known as Evad3rs released a brand new tool called Evasi0n to jailbrake iOS 6.x. So far millions of devices world-wide have been jailbroken after release of Evad3rs. In the history of iOS this jailbreak was the most anticipated release among iOS users. Jailbreaking allows iOS users to install third party application which are free of system restrictions set by Apple and provide much more productive way to do things on your device.
Cydia: Cydia is a 3rd party app store similar to Apple’s own but the biggest difference is the variety and capabilities of apps or tweaks it offers. For iOS6 Evasi0n tool install Cydia for you on user’s device. Once jailbroken users can login either with Google or Facebook account for device and account authentication. Once authenticated users can then buy apps using Amazon and PayPal payment gateways (These are secure and the most reliable payment options available for online payments) or install free ones from the big selection available. Cydia is maintained and developed by Saurik.
Does Jailbreaking void device warranty? Apple says so but, this process doesn’t modify your device hardware but it only changes the software part. In any case, if you need to get your device replaced, just restore it using iTunes and you can freely show it to Apple Genius for further process.
Note: Even though jailbreaking allow users to install many iOS system modifications by implementing new utilities, themes, etc. sometime it slows down the device. So, if you are jailbreaking for tools like IntelliScreenX, Auxo, Zephyr, etc. make sure not to over load your device with too many of these programs.
Use following links to download Evasi0n Tool to jailbreak your device.
Requirements as specified on Evasi0n.com
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.6 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64)
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 6.0 through 6.1.2 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Important things to do before you jailbreak according to Evasi0n.com
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
Happy Jailbreaking!!! For more information checkout www.evasi0n.com.